Last revised: Jun 1, 2019
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter this Policy at any time. You can find the most recent version of this Policy at http://collect3.com.au/privacy, with the date of last modification noted above. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof on the Site. Therefore, we encourage you to check the date of this Policy whenever you access or use an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site to check if this Policy has been updated. You must review this Policy on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. If you do not agree to any modifications to this Policy, your sole recourse is to immediately stop all use of all Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site. Your continued use of any Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site following the posting of any modifications to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the revised Policy. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at the contact information listed at the end of this Policy. Please note that none of our employees or agents has the authority to vary any of our Policies.
This Policy covers our collection, use and disclosure of your information through the Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site. It does not cover any collection, use or disclosure by third parties through any applications, Web sites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as Facebook, or any third party features or services made available via an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site, such as the Collect3 Services. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the Applications or the Site belong to their respective owners.
1. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information below through your use of the Applications, the Collect3 Services and/or the Site. Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you or another person, which may be transmitted or received when you use an Application, the Collect3 Services and/or the Site. Personal Information includes your geographic location information, names, physical addresses, email addresses, telephone, fax and other device numbers, calendar entries stored within your Device, contact entries stored within your Device, files, content, photographs, location information and other metadata in photographs and other information you transmit or receive using an Application, the Collect3 Services, Collect3 Services and/or the Site which identifies you or another person. Personal Information also includes information about you or others that may be accessed by our system directly from your Device, including from your address book, location, photos or contacts folder, in order to enable certain features of an Application or the Collect3 Services, such as the feature that finds and suggests mutual friends and other individuals who you may know. Unless you have elected to opt-out of providing your geographic location information, the Applications may use and store information related to the geographic location of your device and combine this information with other Personal Information to provide certain services, whether or not the Application is active.
We collect Personal Information if you provide it directly to us via email or through the Applications, the Collect3 Services or the Site. We may also collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and other services to which you are able to post information, if any, on the Site (collectively, "Forums"). We may also collect Personal Information through certain features of one or more Applications or the Collect3 Services (and in some instances will allow you to opt-out of such collection or retention of certain Personal Information). In some instances, certain Applications do not have to be in active use in order for your Personal Information to be collected through them.
Non-Personal Information. "Non-Personal Information" is information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes Session and Usage Data, Log Data and Aggregate Information, each as described below. Session and Usage Data. "Session and Usage Data" is information about your use of an Application, the Collect3 Services and/or the Site and includes, without limitation, connection and service-related data submitted to us through your use of an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site. Session and Usage Data includes information relating to the connection request, server communication and data sharing, including network measurements, quality of service, and date, time and location of the Collect3. We also may aggregate Session and Usage data as described in Aggregate Information below. Please note that Session and Usage Data does not include any Personal Information nor does it include Content you may transmit or share through the use of an Application (such as photos, contacts, calendar appointments, etc.), the Collect3 Services, or the Site.
Log Data. When you interact with us or use an Application, the Collect3 Services or our Site, our systems may automatically collect your unique User Device number, the IP address, type of browser or operating system you use, and the dates and times of your use ("Log Data").
Aggregate Information. "Aggregate Information" is data we collect about a group or category of services or Users from which individual User identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use the Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information helps us understand trends in our Users' needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
- to send you information regarding an Application, the Collect3 Services and the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to resolve problems with an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site.
- to create an individual profile and provide personalized services, and to create and inform you of new products and services from us that better meet your needs.
- to better determine your location.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e)Â to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as Web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, but only to the extent necessary or useful to provide such services, and only pursuant to contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
- to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site.
- to identify you to other users of an Application to suggest you or they take advantage of certain features within Applications or the Collect3 Services.
- provided by you on Forums freely and without limitation. Please note that any Personal Information you post or disclose on Forums will become public information, and may be available to visitors of the Site. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process, whether originating in the United States or other territory; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires immediate disclosure of communications or your Personal Information exists.
- You agree not to misuse the Collect3 services ("Services") or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not even try to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven't been invited to;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, "scraping" or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing";
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more storage space than deserved;
- circumvent storage space limits;
- sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
- publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence;
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, disability, or impairment;
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that's fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading; or
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others.
We may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet certain targeting criteria, such as females between 18-24 years of age from a particular geographic area. We do not provide any Personal Information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will assume that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
Personal Information. In general, we use Session and Usage Data internally to serve our Users and enable them to take maximum advantage of the Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site. We also store Personal Information to improve the functionality of the Applications, the Collect3 Services and the Site. All information collected is stored in our database and may be archived elsewhere. We may disclose your Personal Information:
No Disclosure to Third Parties for Marketing Purposes Without Your Consent. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to such disclosure. Collect3 by Email and Sending Messages Through an Application Without Having Collect3ed. If you use our "Share Collect3 By Email" feature to tell others about one of our Applications, the recipients will be sent an email inviting them to visit the Site and/or download the Application. Also, if you make available your contact information to other Users, such Users may include you within their contacts, and send you messages through an Application, even if you have not "Collect3ed" your User Device with theirs. Similarly, if you make available your contact information when you first register to use the Collect3 Services, other Users who know your contact information may send you messages via an Application, even if you have not "Collect3ed" your User Device with theirs. Non-Personal Information. We may disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your unique User Device number). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
4. THIRD-PARTY SITES
5. USERS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other Users using an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site (including via Forums) or how such other Users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
6. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opting Out of Marketing-Related Communications. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails, texts, phone messages or other communications from us on a going-forward basis by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will try to comply with your opt-out request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, this will apply to marketing messages from us only. We will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the database of any other Users you have shared such information or from third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
Accessing, Changing or Suppressing Your Personal Information. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as and to the extent reasonably practicable. Again, we cannot remove your Personal Information from the database of any other Users you have shared such information or from third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information. Your device may also have settings to limit the Personal Information, including location information, provided to the Application. Review your device manual or contact the manufacturer for further information regarding these features.
If you have questions about your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. SECURITYCollect3 is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. Please be aware that no security measures that we take to protect your information is absolutely guaranteed to avoid unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information or is impenetrable.
9. OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGEThe Collect3 Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. By using any Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not authorized to use any of the Applications and must immediately delete it from your User Devices. We recommend that minors, who are 13 years old but under 18 years old, ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to us or anyone else, whether by using an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site.
10. INTERNATIONAL USERSYour Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by using an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries, including the United States, which may be outside of your country of residence and may provide for different and less stringent data protection rules than in your country. If you object to your Personal Information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not use any Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site and immediately delete all Applications from your User Devices.
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTSWe do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits user who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as "California Disclosure Information."
12. SENSITIVE INFORMATIONWe ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, criminal background or membership in past organizations, including trade union memberships) on or through an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site or otherwise to us.
13. CONTACTING US / REPORTING VIOLATIONS
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, or to report any violations of the TOS or abuse of an Application, the Collect3 Services or the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.